Blade batteries will be used in Hyundai cars in 2022

by:CTECHi     2021-09-18
According to news on March 16, according to Korean media reports, BYD shares may provide blade batteries to Hyundai from 2022. At present, BYD has established a Hyundai project team. There is also news that BYD plans to use part of its battery assembly line in Chongqing for the supply of Hyundai cars. There is no wind and no waves, Hyundai Motor's 'eye-catching' blade battery has been plagued by battery problems for its KonaEV models. It is understood that KonaEV went on the market in April 2018. As of May 19, 2018, a KonaEV fire accident occurred in Hyundai Motor's Ulsan No. 1 Plant. As of now, KonaEV has had more than 15 fire accidents among publicly reported incidents. According to information released by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of South Korea, the cause of the fire in Hyundai KonaEV was that some of the high-voltage battery system components were defective, which could cause a short circuit and cause the vehicle to catch fire. Hyundai Motor announced on February 24, 2021 that due to defects in battery system components, the company will recall a total of 81,701 thousand related electric vehicles, including its KONA and IONIQ electric versions, from March 29. For KonaEV with battery quality problems, most of the batteries are supplied by LG New Energy. The latest news from March 8 shows that Hyundai Motor and LG New Energy have reached an agreement on the apportionment of KonaEV recall costs. It is reported that Hyundai Motor will bear 30% of the cost of the recall, while LG New Energy will pay the remaining 70%. The total cost of the KonaEV recall is 1.4 trillion won (approximately 8 billion yuan). Hyundai cars urgently need safer batteries. As early as February 21, there was news in the market that blade batteries had become a key consideration for Hyundai. BYD also said at the time that its blade batteries have been designated by Hyundai Motor and are expected to start supplying overseas next year. According to BYD’s board secretary, the company does not rule out the possibility of cooperating with Hyundai in the future.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Leave Your Message inputting...