In the 5G era, the trend of base station miniaturization and integration has put forward higher requirements for lithium battery backup power supply performance. LiFePO4 battery pack with outstanding performance advantages and increasing cost-effective, is expected to take the lead in the field of communication base stations. Demand for lithium-ion batteries for communications is expected to continue to grow rapidly over the next three years.
Application of LiFePO4 batteries in the communications industry
(a) outdoor base stations;
(b) Base stations without air conditioning, such as village pass;
(c) Indoor Acer stations with tight spaces;
(d) DC-powered indoor coverage/distributed source stations;
(e) Solar photovoltaic base stations in areas without electricity or in three or four types of municipal power;
(f) Wi-Fi sites for DC power solutions, etc.
The 48V LiFePO4 battery pack will become the main application of communication base station.
1, 48V LiFePO4 battery pack communication lithium battery price has been reduced to about RMB 1.8 / WH, gradually to lead acid communication battery RMB 0.6 / WH close. From the number of cycles, LiFePO4 battery can reach more than 2000 times, while lead-acid battery is only about 300 times, the cost of single recycling has been as low as lead-acid battery;
2, lithium battery pack relative to lead-acid battery has obvious performance advantages, such as environmental protection, low maintenance costs, high energy density, strong environmental adaptability, long service life, etc., more suitable for 4G communication base station use.
3. With the gradual popularization of 4G communication base stations, the demand for new additions and improvements in the construction of base stations by future communication operators will grow rapidly, driving the growth of demand for LiFePO4 batteries for communications.
At present, the communication lithium battery is more mainstream for the three-way system and LiFePO4 system, two relatively complementary technical paths, the three-way system battery energy density is higher, the number of cycles is short, while 48V LiFePO4 battery is the opposite, with high safety performance and high cycle performance. From the cost point of view, because the average life of LiFePO4 battery is longer than the three-way battery, the cost of LiFePO4 per unit of time is lower.
In the future, with the large-scale production of lithium energy storage batteries and falling costs, the 48V LiFePO4 battery pack will play an increasingly important role in the field of backup power supply for communication base stations. With the development of electric vehicle and lithium-electric energy storage industry, lithium battery applications will continue to scale up, the price will be lower and lower, more and more competitive.
In addition to BMS, harnesses, and building components, batteries management system (BMS) technology is the key to communication energy storage systems.
Advantages of LiFePO4 battery for communication compared with lead-acid battery:
1. High energy density: the standard voltage is 3.2V, the energy density is about 4 times that of lead-acid battery, small size and light weight.
2. High temperature performance is good: the battery works normally at the external temperature of 55℃.
3. Strong safety: LiFePO4 positive material has good electrochemical properties, charging and discharge platform is very stable, charging and discharge process structure is stable, battery does not burn, does not explode, good safety.
4. The application of LiFePO4 batteries for communication can better reflect the needs of energy saving, material saving, saving land and other energy saving and emission reduction work compared with traditional lead-acid batteries.
5. Environmental protection: the entire production process clean and non-toxic, all raw materials are non-toxic.
6. Long cycle life: at room temperature 1C charge and discharge, the capacity of the unit after 2000 cycles is still greater than 80%.
In order to meet the needs of the communication base station industry, LiFePO4 battery pack products mainly have 12V, 48V modules two types, capacity level of 10Ah, 20Ah, 50Ah, 150Ah, 200Ah, etc. , battery module through series, can be connected into a variety of voltage levels, a variety of capacity battery packs, to meet the various needs of switching power supply and UPS power supply.
With the advent of the information age, communication base stations are particularly important to people. At present, 48V LiFePO4 battery pack, in the field of communications has begun to be applied, due to the large number of communication base stations, lithium battery future is unlimited.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.