amazon recalls 260,000 basics portable chargers on reports of fires, burns
The US Consumer Product Safety Board said Amazon had received 53 reports of overheating of the charger, including a customer who had suffered acid burns from the battery.
There are also 4 reports of property losses caused by fire and smoke.
The CPSC said consumers should stop using the charger and contact Amazon for a refund. Seattle-based Amazon.
Com says it is also contacting customers.
The affected charger is described on the CPSC website, \"This recall involves a portable lithium-
Ion battery charger/power supply group: 16100 mAh; 10000mAh; 5600mAh;
With Micro 2000 mAhUSB cable;
USB micro cable 3000 mAh and 3000 mAh.
The rubber or metal power supply groups are black and rectangular.
They measured about 3 inch long.
4 inch high by 0. 9 inch wide.
The power supply group is sold with or without USB charger cables and carrying bags.
The AmazonBasics logo is printed on the front of the unit.
Product ID number B00LRK8EVO, B00LRK8HJ8, B00LRK8I7O, B00LRK8IV0, b00lrk8
\"Power banks that used to charge smartphones and other gadgets on the go were sold on Amazon.
Amazon bookstore and Amazon pop music
Stores from December 2014 to July 2017.
They cost between $9 and $40. roughly Rs. 585 and Rs. 2,600).
Amazon says customers can apply for a refund through the Amazon Bank website. expertinquiry.