Horrified doctors save little girl, 5, after finding she\'s had a button battery lodged in her throat for SIX MONTHS and her oesophagus grew around it

by:CTECHi     2019-12-05
Over the past six months, doctors have found a button battery stuck in her throat, saving the lives of a young man. Five-year-
Old Shaylah Carmichael from Melbourne has been experiencing swallowing difficulties, fever, vomiting and weight loss since last year.
She was taken to Casey Hospital last weekend.
The light shows that a small battery is stuck in the girl\'s throat, blocking the passage to the stomach.
Shaylah was taken to Monash Children\'s Hospital for emergency surgery to remove foreign bodies.
Kirra, a 32-year-old mother, expressed her shock, saying that after the doctor had not diagnosed the problem for months, she \"couldn\'t believe\" that her daughter was still alive.
She did a good job [it\'s]
It was a long road for her.
I can\'t believe our little girl is alive.
In a Facebook post, Michael Carmichael said that some children are not so lucky. MSThe mum-of-
The three said that she had taken Shaylah to the GP many times, but the doctor only did X-
There is light in her abdomen or let her go to the pediatrician.
Shaylah complained of pain in her throat and said she could not swallow food.
\"She lost a lot of weight and she would pick what to eat.
She was tired and sleepy.
Carmichael told News 9 that I used the video of her drinking as evidence to try to get the doctor to listen. MS.
When Shaylah started to have a fever and vomiting last Sunday, she was rushed to the emergency room where they waited for three hours before being seen.
MS Carmichael said the doctor initially wanted to send her family home, but allowed them to stay overnight after she begged her daughter for treatment.
Shaylah\'s fever has intensified, she said, and she didn\'t eat, but they just watched her \"get worse \".
\"The next day, the doctor ordered a swallowing check, which showed where Shaylah\'s food was but was later canceled due to an emergency.
Shaylah was rescheduled for the exam on Tuesday, and when she was preparing for the exam, the doctor finally made a breakthrough in her case. \'[They]
My answer is, \"she\'s not wearing a necklace,\" MS Carmichael said.
The doctor immediately sent the young girl to Monash Children\'s Hospital for X-
The light confirmed that she had a button battery in her esophagus and that her body had been \"making mistakes\" for the past six months \".
Photos released by her mother after Shaylah\'s surgery show this small, deteriorating disc --shaped battery.
The toddler was transferred to the ICU and was in a coma until Thursday afternoon and now everything is OK.
MS Carmichael is now calling for a ban on button batteries.
\"I have been asking for help for our little girl for so long.
The doctor said he had lived there for several months.
She told the publication that she grew up around her esophagus and lost a lot of blood, so they said she might need a blood transfusion.
Last month, nonprofits chose to join the Australian Competition and Consumer Council in calling for a new law to regulate \"unsafe products\"
Button battery included.
According to the group, the small round lithium battery has been the cause of 17 cases of child injury since December 2017 and has resulted in the death of two young children.
Batteries can be found in common household products such as clocks, thermometers, remote controls, kitchen scales and calculators.
In the 2013 survey, fouryear-
The girl from Queensland died after taking 2 cm of her lithium battery.
During the trial, shel vomited half a liter of blood before he died.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Leave Your Message inputting...