- Portable Power Station
- Lithium Battery Pack
- Solar Energy Storage
- Primary Battery
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Branded Battery
- Dry Battery
- Battery Accessories
Development Trend of China's Lithium Battery Recycling Market
The new energy automobile industry is a national strategic emerging industry in my country. With strong policy support and active guidance, it has entered a period of rapid development. Data show that China's new energy automobile industry has grown substantially since 2012, with output increasing from 12,500 in 2012 to 1.2207 million in 2018, with a compound growth rate of 114%.
As the retiring period of power batteries installed in vehicles from 2012 to 2014 approaches, 2018 is considered by the industry to be the first year of the power battery retirement wave. However, the amount of power battery recycling on the market has not Did not reach the 'small peakAccording to GGII's statistics, the total scrap volume of power batteries reached 74,000 tons in 2018, and the total scrap volume of digital batteries reached 167,000 tons.
However, the current recycling volume of power batteries on the market is far below expectations. In 2018, the recycling volume of power batteries in the market was 5472 tons, accounting for only 7.4% of the total scrap power batteries; The recycling volume of batteries is 106,300 tons, accounting for about 63.6% of the total scrap. Compared with the entire lithium battery scrap market, the recycling volume is still not expected.
Currently, the amount of lithium batteries recycled in China is much lower than the total scrapped amount. The main reasons are as follows:
1 ) Domestic lithium battery recycling is not sound in channels, systems, and systems. Most waste batteries, especially digital batteries, are not recycled;
2) Lithium battery recycling laws, regulations and supervision It still needs to be improved. Although the recycling subject has been clarified, it has not been strictly implemented;
3) Due to technical secrets or unobvious economic benefits, some manufacturers have The battery has not been recycled and reused;
4) The battery that has reached the theoretical age and needs to be scrapped, due to cost issues, the car company has not scrapped it and is still running in the market, resulting in The actual total scrap volume is much lower than the theoretical scrap volume, which in turn leads to a decrease in the recycling volume.
Currently, the field of lithium battery recycling is mainly divided into two aspects:
1) For batteries that meet the degree of energy attenuation Carry out cascade utilization (used in the field of energy storage or low-speed electric vehicles), such as lithium iron phosphate batteries, ternary material batteries;
2) For non-cascade utilization value The batteries are disassembled and the nickel, cobalt, manganese, lithium and other materials are recovered, such as digital batteries and some ternary material batteries. GGII research shows that in 2018, the total amount of batteries used for echelon utilization in the total recovery of power batteries was 2,460 tons, and the total amount of batteries recovered and disassembled was 109,300 tons. The field of battery recycling, especially the field of power battery recycling, was used for echelon utilization. The scale is much lower than the scale of recycling and dismantling.
The main reasons for the above situation are as follows:
1) The battery manufacturer’s responsibility system is not clear, Part of the scrapped power batteries flowed into the market a second time;
2) Some power batteries were processed in advance due to other reasons and did not flow into the market;
3) Due to cost issues, some of the truly retired power batteries are still operating in the market and have not been retired;
4) The amount of power batteries scrapped in the past Less, the matching of old batteries is difficult;
In the next few years, China’s lithium battery recycling market will have the following development trends:
1) At this stage, the recycling method of lithium batteries will still be disassembly and recycling, and digital batteries will still be the main body of battery recycling;
2) After 2020-2022, as the final scrapped life of power batteries is approaching, the amount of power battery recycling will usher in a 'peakp>3) With the acceleration of the commercialization of 5G and the large-scale retirement of lead-acid batteries, the power batteries recovered in the future will usher in rapid growth in the field of echelon utilization, and the market is expected;
4) At this stage, relevant supporting policies and battery recycling models are not perfect, and the output value of China’s lithium battery recycling industry has a limited growth rate. In the future, with the gradual implementation of relevant national policies and the increase in the value of terminal products, some companies will Will usher in a large profit margin.